Tuesday 3 April 2012

Buy a cake stand, and they will come


My Mum brought this beauty home yesterday, so of course I had to christen it with baked goodies of some sort as it looked so lonely on its own. I decided on Easter Nest cupcakes...


I just used my normal cupcake and butter cream recipe (click here) but added cocoa powder and milk to the icing. Spread a little butter cream across the top of the cake then pop the rest into a piping bag and pipe a circle round the edge of the cake for the 'nest'. Sprinkle with chocolate flakes (you can buy these or just grate some chocolate if you want) and pop three mini-eggs in the middle. I really wanted to put those tiny fluffy chicks you can buy in the middle of the nest but I couldn't find any, ahh well. Voila, super cute Easter treats!

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment